Today we are releasing version 1.2.0 of PDF Dissector, our PDF malware analysis tool. This release is primarily a bugfix release for the PDF parser. Several of our customers reported issues with specifically crafted PDF malware files which were not correctly parsed by PDF Dissector. A big thank you to all customers who reported these issues!
Here is the detailed change list:
- Feature: Improved the Adobe Reader emulator a bit
- Bugfix: Improved handling of UTF-16BE encoded strings
- Bugfix: Fixed a parser bug that led to crashes when parsing certain cross-references tables
- Bugfix: Fixed a parser bug that led to incorrectly parsed strings that contain escaped parentheses
- Bugfix: Fixed a parser bug that led to incorrectly parsed strings that contain balanced unescaped parentheses
- Bugfix: Fixed bugs in the Error reporting dialog that made automated reporting of errors fail
If you want to know more about PDF Dissector, please check out the manual.